Monday 15 July 2013

The Bad Driver Gene

After failing my driver's license twice, I'm beginning to wonder if my problem resides more on the subconscious and/or something concerning what is beyond my control. I.e, genetics.

To my surprise, my inquiry isn't as ridiculous as i thought it was. There is even a plus side to being a bad driver.




Full article : http://www.livescience.com/5841-study-bad-driving-genetic.html

According to the article

- new research suggests individuals born with a certain variant of a gene don't drive as well as their counterparts.


- If the results hold up, 30% of Americans have the variant


- The condition limits a specific protein which supports communication among brain cells.


- Past researches suggested when individuals with this variant complete a task, a smaller portion of the brain gets stimulated



- Studies have found that people with it maintain their usual mental sharpness longer than those without it when neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, Huntington's and multiple sclerosis are present.



And as for me, driving is still very important to get by. Hopefully my 'mental sharpness' helps on my third attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment